Sarah Jane


Get a Voki now!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

My (Lethargic) Weekend in Review

This weekend was one of the more relaxing and uneventful weekends that I’ve had in quite some time.  It was nice not to be overscheduled for a change.  I decided to skip yoga on Friday afternoon for a luxurious, two hour long nap.  I feel that if I don’t get a nap in on Friday afternoon that I have no chance of making it through the evening as long as everybody else, and I risk being the party-pooper that I’ve come to be known as.  After my rejuvenating nap, I headed out to a small, overcrowded restaurant with to meet up with some friends.  No such luck as being the energetic party girl for a change, and I headed home hours before everybody else.  It is frustrating to feel like the weekends are so short as it is, and then to realize that I can’t even get much out of the beginning of it because I am too run down from the work week.  Waking up at 4:45 every morning certainly takes its toll by Friday!
Saturday and Sunday ended up being not much different, although this time I did not mind all the down time.  I attempted to watch Toy Story 3, but fell asleep right as the toys arrived at what I thought would be a fun-loving daycare center.  According to Paul, it wasn’t all fun and games for the toys at that point.  I will have to make another attempt to watch this endearing Pixar sequel when I am well-rested. 

It’s now Sunday evening, and time to gear up for the last five school days before spring break!


*Uneventful - lacking in important or striking occurrences

*Luxurious - given to pleasure, especially of the senses

*Overcrowded - to crowd to an uncomfortable or undesirable excess

*Endearing – Evoking affection

*Sequel - an event or circumstance following something

*Although – In spite of the fact that

Vocabulary Practice

1. If school districts do not get more funding, classrooms will continue to become _______________, with hardly any room for students’ desks.

2. I hope that tomorrow is an _______________ day at work; I do not need chaos on a Monday!

3. Macy’s had _______________ cashmere robes on sale that were extremely soft and comfortable.

4. Patience is an _______________ quality that one usually looks for in a mate.

5. I couldn’t put the book down – I hope the author publishes a _______________ so I can find out what happens next!

6. I appreciated the generous birthday gift, _______________ it was unnecessary for you to make me anything.

Adjectives
An adjective is a word that describes or modifies a noun or pronoun.  I have used many of them throughout my writing in an attempt to provide greater detail about the things I was discussing.  They were also used in an attempt to appeal to the five senses throughout my writing, giving the reader a better image in his or her head of what I was talking about.  I even used a descriptive adjective in my title to give the reader a better impression of how I was feeling this weekend.    Read the sentences below.  Fill an adjective into the blank in order to make these sentences more exciting!  Use a thesaurus if you need to find a more sophisticated word to plug in!

1. I took a huge bit of the ______________, _________________ watermelon!

2. We are looking for a _________________ and ________________ puppy.

3. The aroma coming from the kitchen was that of __________________ chocolate chip cookies.

1 comment:

  1. My weekends breeze by so quickly too! I waitress Friday and Saturday nights and every other Saturday after work, I drive to Jersey to visit my boyfriend until I have to just drive back on Monday. With all our traveling back and forth, I cannot seem to catch up on my sleep! I'm always tired between all the school work, running around all night at the restaurant, and making those late night drives. At least you make yourself go out! I've resorted to going straight home after class and work all the time because the thought of staying up later than I have to makes me cringe!

    ReplyDelete